Good shoe trees are probably the most important thing that you need in order to preserve the life of your shoes. They should be used at all times when you are not wearing shoes in order to appreciate their full benefits.
The Shoe Snob Shoe Trees are made of alderwood, a wood much like cedar that absorbs the moisture that we constantly subject our shoes to, be it from sweat or rain. This moisture, if not treated properly will deteriorate and disfigure the leather of your shoes, with irreparable consequences; the only way to stop this from happening is to use shoe trees. It's a small price to pay for a long-term benefit, particularly on high quality shoes.
- Made from Alder wood. Much like cedar wood in its absorbing traits but without the aromatic smell.
- The Shoe Snob shoe tree has a shape that will sit well in the majority of shoe lasts. The volume of the shoe trees fill up the entire shoe to keep the shoe’s shape intact at all times without leaving loose areas.
- Shoe trees fit true to size but are very form fitting (like a lasted shoe tree). Sometimes they can be difficult to insert but do not be afraid to exert a bit of strength to get them in.
- For half sizes however, we recommend sizing down. So if you are UK8.5, please purchase our shoe trees size UK8.
- For very contoured shaped shoes that run smaller/tighter i.e. Edward Green, Gaziano & Girling, Corthay, Berluti etc. please size down. For example if you take EG or G&G UK9, choose the UK8 shoe tree.